Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not dead yet

Did you think this blog had died? Really? It hasn't! It's just been hibernating for a while. The truth be told, I have been too busy to write for a very long time. It's scary. I have started a few posts; One about Bacalo and Tarte de Natas, and one about special Finnish Labor Day food (sic). But time and energy have been scarce resources lately, and blogging quickly ended up low on my priority list. But now things are looking up again! Maybe I'll save that Labor Day post for the next 1st of May...

Even if the blog has been idle, I have not. I have been cooking and baking like ever before, and I have many, many things to write about. Here is a short list of things I want (try to) write about:
  • How to bake nice ciabattas with a set of simple, no knead recipes (this is for the SEAS crowd)
  • How to bake decent bread in a outright shitty, small gas oven, never intended for anything but storing trays and pots and pans in
  • Some comments on my experiences as a semi-professional chef, and the Black Sea food culture
  • My cheese making experiments
  • Bacalao, the beauty of Bacalao
  • The pig's head in my freezer
  • Mayonnaise and Aïoli
  • Lentils, red and green. And sausages. Mon dieu!
  • Lyon

1 comment:

  1. hurray! chef is back!!!

    Mitya


    Two tablespoons of cinnamon
    And 2 or 3 egg whites
    A half a stick of butter melted
    Stick it all in a bowl baby
    Stir it with a wooden spoon
    Mix in a cup of flour you'll be in heaven soon

    [bridge]
    Say everybody have you seen my balls
    They are big and salty and brown
    If you ever need a quick pick me up
    Just stick my balls in your mouth

    ReplyDelete